- Days 1–3 : VICTORIA FALLS
- Days 3–7 : HWANGE NATIONAL PARK
- Guide Price : £4,153 per person
- Duration : 6 nights
- Countries : Zimbabwe
Zimbabwe is known for its exceptional close encounters with elephants. Mothers regularly bring their babies to drink from swimming pools (there tend to be less predators!). Adding Victoria Falls to the trip offers something a little different to your usual safari, the wealth of activities on offer at the Falls means there is something for everyone!
Specific highlights of this Zimbabwe safari:
- Home to one of the Seven Wonders of the World and Africa’s second-largest elephant population
- Iconic views of the Victoria Falls Bridge and close-up elephant encounters in Hwange National Park
- Best suited to those looking for elegance and luxury
- Somalisa is an award-winning camp in the heart of Hwange N.P. and founded by pro-guide Beks Ndlovu
- Best from June to August, to see the Falls at its most impressive combined with exceptional game viewing
Overview of the suggested Zimbabwe safari lodges and activities:
Victoria Falls is an essential element to any trip to Zimbabwe. We love including it at the start of the trip as it allows guests to recover from their flights and adjust to the time difference. However, this doesn’t mean there is nothing to do or see! Victoria Falls is jam-packed with activities, including white water rafting, bungee jumping, canoeing, zip wiring, and gorge swinging. Seasoned daredevils will relish a swim in the aptly named Devil’s Pool, the pool right at the top of the Falls – absolutely awesome! Guests looking to take it slower can enjoy river cruises, shopping expeditions to Victoria Falls Town, and excursions to the local villages to get to know the people for whom this region is home.
Hwange is where you will spend your time focusing on game viewing. This is the country's biggest park and home to over 108 species of mammals including lion, leopard, and cheetah. However, it’s the elephants in the park that really steal the show, with huge herds often seen in front of the camps or from the various photographic hides. For elephant lovers, this park is a must!
Who is this Zimbabwe trip for?
This trip has been designed and priced with couples and honeymooners in mind (two adults travelling together). However, every trip we create is individually tailor-made to suit the client. So if you’re a group or a family, we might even suggest different accommodation. After a discussion with you about your preferences and needs, we can move some elements and change the number of days – it all depends entirely on what you would like to do!